Neurology Community
hand numbness worse when sitting or sleeping
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hand numbness worse when sitting or sleeping

I am a musician, a flutist and Band Director specifically, so my arms and shoulders are often raised and in motion for extended periods of time. My right should cracks often (when moved in a baseball pitching motion). I have numbness and tingling in my right hand and arm that only is apparent at night, my Doctor has diagnosed Carpal Tunnel.  I had a severe break in this wrist at age 16, the break formed a triangle across the joint and both bones.     I take Vitimin C and Echinacea supplenets, and phentermine,   The burning/numbness has progressed now to the point that I can not lay down at night for more than 4 hours, and it seems to get worse when I sit down, also.  I have complete numbness in my RH middle and first fingers and some numbness in my thumb when I get out of bed, last night it progressed to major pain for the first time.    I am not fully convinced that it is just Carpal Tunnel, since I do not have symptoms during the day and when I play or conduct, and I feel significant  decrease in circulation when I sit or lay down.  What do you suggest as a diagnosis/treatment?