Aa
A
A
Close
hand numbness worse when sitting or sleeping
I am a musician, a flutist and Band Director specifically, so my arms and shoulders are often raised and in motion for extended periods of time. My right should cracks often (when moved in a baseball pitching motion). I have numbness and tingling in my right hand and arm that only is apparent at night, my Doctor has diagnosed Carpal Tunnel.  I had a severe break in this wrist at age 16, the break formed a triangle across the joint and both bones.     I take Vitimin C and Echinacea supplenets, and phentermine,   The burning/numbness has progressed now to the point that I can not lay down at night for more than 4 hours, and it seems to get worse when I sit down, also.  I have complete numbness in my RH middle and first fingers and some numbness in my thumb when I get out of bed, last night it progressed to major pain for the first time.    I am not fully convinced that it is just Carpal Tunnel, since I do not have symptoms during the day and when I play or conduct, and I feel significant  decrease in circulation when I sit or lay down.  What do you suggest as a diagnosis/treatment?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
620923 tn?1452919248
has ur dr ruled out a pinched nerve in ur neck or back? Ask if it's a possibility.

I am not a dr, but I have similar issues and went way too long doing what the dr said and not offering what I thought.....we do know our own bodies...and can ? the drs...the do make mistakes and sometimes miss things.I am not saying that happened here, but u must be pro active in ur health care.

keep us posted!

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources