Neurology Expert Forum
hand tremmore

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

hand tremmore

the entire right side of my body is weaker than the left. have right hand tremors, starting to drag my right foot. last year i had lyme and was treated. the weakness on right side started in January. i'm also dizzy when i lay down (right side only) went to a neurologist  prescribed an mri of brain with contrast. (test being done later today)
question: since i show no trace of lyme could this be a side effect of a stoke that was not detected?
1 Comment
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I cannot tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

There are many disease processes that can cause a unilateral weakness.  Stroke would be one of the possibilities to consider.  An MRI of the brain will help determine the likelihood of a stroke, and can detect other lesions, such as demyelinating lesions, malignancies, lesions related to infection, etc.  If you have suffered from a Lyme infection, it is possible that your neurological symptoms are a sequelae of the infection, especially if it was not treated for some time.  Although treatment with antibiotics does not guarantee complete resolution of your symptoms, improvement can continue for some time after therapy is complete.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.