Neurology Community
head tremor

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

head tremor

Hi, I have had slight head tremor for a few years now and was told it is an essential tremor. The last year or so it is getting worse so I went back to the neurologist. She told me it was an essential tremor and put me on 25 Mg of Primidone daily. It has helped just a bit, she also  sent me for an MRI anyway. I had had a bad fall on the ice resulting in 4 stitches in the back of the head and a slight concussion a few years ago just about when the tremors started. They wanted to make sure it was nothing else. My MRI came back ok it just indicated I had significant increase of signals, which I am not sure what that means as my appt is not until Aug. The Dr. just called and said their was no tumors or cyst and didn't give me any other info on any of the report.
I have had some ticks on me over the years as I am outside a lot and just was reading that sometimes Lyme disease can also cause these tremors. Was wondering if anyone out there that has Lyme disease also has these slight head tremors?
Now I am thinking of getting tested for this as this might be the cause of the tremors as I also have some joint pain and unexplained fatigue. I have had all kinds of other blood tests and was never tested for Lyme. I do not have any rash at all anywhere.
Thanks!
Carla
Hi, Thank you for your question. These tremors could be associated with fatigue, stress, anxiety or a form of panic attack. Other possible causes of tremors could be overactive thyroid, Parkinsonism disease, certain medications, alkalosis, and low blood sugar. Sometimes previous injury may cause pinched nerve and may be a reason of tremor but this possibility remains low. Therefore, it is quite essential to thoroughly assess the all possibilities here with the help of a doctor. Hope this helps.