head and neck twitching
My 13 year old grandson suffers from right arm tremors and also when he talks or is running at football his neck twitches when he talks he can't control his head movements it constantly jerks back,  This is a constant thing he cannot talk to you at all without his head jerking upwards it started about  2 years ago and has gotten worse his hands are also growing outwards. His neurologist can't find a diagnosis he has had several mri's las thursday he had a muscle biopsy done on his upper right arm he has had every blood test you can imagine done ruling out tourettes, wilsons disease.  He has been to shriners hospital and had all of his bones xrayed its not his bones.  I feel so bad for him the kids at school constantly tease him and call him twichy its so painful for me to see him suffer from this does anyone have any suggestions I am getting very frustrated with his doctor and he is so tired of all the testing .  Thank you Jeri

Thanks for writing in.
It is possible that the child is suffering from essential tremors. Is there a family history of tremors?
These types of tremors are familial and run in families. Betablockers are usually given to control these tremors. However it is important to make an accurate diagnosis first. Please consult an experienced pediatric neurologist about it. Take care!
With a history of severe chrones and RA...I became very worried a couple of days ago...while i was driving i started experiencing head twitches.....twitching to the right and could not control movement in my arms....it's like they had a mind of their own....that had lasted several hoursonly becoming worse through out the night....the following day i felt lethargic and quite disoriented....with trouble focusing on the conversations....it was so frightening....I have a consultation to try and get some testing......i know it can become a long process....but any answer would be greatful.....The one question is.....could it be stress or is this something that I should take seriously?