Neurology Expert Forum
head chills

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

head chills

i have started having chills in my head its a very strange feeling. it comes on me all of a sudden. its sometimes left sometimes right side.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

It is hard to provide you with much information. But one condition (i.e., anxiety) can present with a multitude of symptoms, some of which can be what you describe. Other symptoms include heart palpitations, muscle tension, fatigue, nausea, chest pain, shortness of breath, headaches, and GI symptoms such as diarrhea to name a few. Anxiety can also be accompanied with panic attacks such as a feeling of impending doom or death.

I would recommend that follow up with your PCP regarding your symptoms.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.