Neurology Community
head pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

head pain

I have been experiencing sharp pains in my head and behind my right eye.  The other day I bent over and got a sharp pain that felt like someone was stabbing the back of my eye and it lasted for like a minute.  That is the longest that they have ever lasted and it hurt a little more than usual.  Also I get sharp pains behind my right eye and also going across the right side of my head when I bend over, strain or get a headrush.  The pain in my head can be just on the top of my head or it can stretch all the way from right above my eye to the back of my head right above my neck going in a straight line across the top of my head.  The pains are never terrible or anything it just freaks me out.  They usually last between 5 and 10 seconds.  Also, I usually don't have a headache associated with these pains, the pain just happens, then goes away and I'm fine.  Sometimes I have a dull ache in the area that these pains happen but it is barely noticable.  The dull ache isn't really painful, it feels more like a soreness.  Oh, and that side of my head hurts when I lay down especially if I lay on that side but just like before it is never a terrible pain, just an annoying one and I am always able to fall asleep after a while and the pain is seldom still there in the morning.  Could this be the beginning of something serious or am I worrying about nothing?
I am not a dr. Just another patient on here, you need to go and get this checked out bya  neurologist or dr. I had this come on very very suddenly and while sometimes people get migraines etc head aches i never had either, and they found spots on my brain. I am not saying you have this ..do to the dr. Peace
What were your symptoms?  I have had bad headaches for as long as I can remember and got an MRI about two years ago while experiencing particularly bad ones.  The MRI came back normal.  These pains are fairly new to me and fairly recent, thats why I am a little worried.  Like I said, they have yet to be really painful.  Did you get your problem sorted out.  I really hope so.
I have exactly what you are describing except it's mostly my left eye. My pain is really bad though, like an ice pick and it blinds me momentarily and I can't move. I have the same thing as you when you say you lay down and feel pain, but mine is a pressure pain and hurts where my head is making contact with the pillow. I am post-cuncussive, a minor head injury that occured in December. The ice-pick/eye symptoms occured immidiately after my injury and continue after two months...still happening. The pressure when I lie down is new. Also I am getting more and more "triggers" for my eye pain. I get it when I laugh, talk loud, cough, nod, get bumped or turn my head. I get it every time I try to see myself in my rear-view mirror - I am learning NOT to do that. Old habit. They did a CT and found nothing and a spinal x-ray and found nothing. So I got diagnosed as post-cuncussive with whip-lash. Whatever that means...I think it's a fancy-shmancy way to say "uh, we don't know." I am going back to the Dr soon though. Hopefully they'll look harder.