head pressure, headaches with sleepiness
Hello there, I am searching for help and am at a loss thus far. For over a year now I have been having pressure with or without headaches in the top of my head accompainied with sleepiness. All mri, mra, ct's eeg's have shown everything as normal.  I am a type 2 daibetic, when these symptoms appear I check my sugar levels and it doesn't seem to matter if they are elevated or not. I check my blood pressure and it is normal. I have  been tested for sleep apnea and show mild and will be getting cpap mask this week. The doctor said that my symptoms don't correlate with sleep apnea. I am desperately searching for answers.
I would say if the oxygen mask does not provide you with relief within a couple weeks, then could very well be you are experiencing a migraine headache, which triptan medications are good treatment for those.  While the pressure on top of your head is not always a headache for you, the pressure alone, especially when combined with feeling sleepy, can indicate migraine.  Lots of people do not get a diagnosis of migraine, and so it winds up being untreated, which obviously will not do.

It IS possible this mild breathing problem you've got when sleeping is preventing adequate oxygenation of the brain, and so as a result of not getting a good night's sleep and somewhat less oxygen to the body, you get this pressure feeling and naturally would get sleepy.  So, see how that does for you, the oxygen mask.  And as you know, any extra weight you have is going to complicate whatever is wrong, including your diabetes, which regular exercise will usually take care of that.  Also, be sure you're getting enough water to drink.  And also, if you are under some stress, that falls in the shoulders, and so you can consider some massage therapy for a few visits, to see if that helps.