Neurology Community
head pressure/anxiety
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

head pressure/anxiety

For the past 2 weeks I've been feeling pressure at the top of the head and I also get headaches. The pressure comes out of nowhere. I've had an MRI and MRA (without contrast) this spring and the tests came back normal. I suffered from anxiety as well but at times I'm not sure if the symptoms are anxiety related or if there is something wrong. My constant fear of brain tumor is always present. The pressure sentation is at the top of the head for a couple of hours and at times the pain radiates to the back of the head and neck. Today the pressure in the head came out of nowhere without feeling anxious. I felt a light nausea. Please help.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I am unable to help you other than empathising with you because I too, very recently have started with exactly the same symptoms. (I too fear I may have a brain tumour) Have you seen a Doctor? I also have a weakness in my lower arms and hands and a few other symptoms too.
Blank
Sorry, just re read your post and see you have had scans. I am waiting for an appointment which I should hear about by mid Feb 2013!
Blank
Thank you for your comment. Please report your results and Good Luck in February.
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Sometimes migraines can cause these odd sensations without an actual headache. If you have blurring of vision, nausea and see some light flashes it could most probably be due to a migraine. Cure can be in terms of avoiding trigger factors.  You can prevent the occurrence of headaches by avoiding trigger factors that induce an attack. Alcohol, smoking, altered sleep patterns, missed meals, loud sounds, odd smells, physical or emotional stress and certain additive foods are known to trigger attacks.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank