Neurology Community
head pressure on top of head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

head pressure on top of head

Hi all ,

i am a male of 32 y.o.
I have been feeling a light pressure of top of my head (front head), sometimes left or right side, from the past 4 weeks.I felt the first sensation as my skin in front head was very tightness.
I can sleep ok, and feelings are reduced when i am on bed.
Nevertheless, I still feel this light pressure on head.I have tinnitus from a year and a half.But I hear perfectly and my audiometry its ok.
When I go for running, the feeling is higher because of exercise.
I would like to have some information of a Dr.it its possible.
Thank you very much and kind regards.

Alberto.

This discussion is related to pressure feeling on top of head.
I have been having the same symptoms as alot of people ive seen on here and i am really worried. I have had head pressure, ear ache, worrying about a possible brain tumor, and worrying that my Ct scan may not have shown a tumor and that a MRI could.  I am 17 and i have been having head aches for the last two weeks.  I have had the head pressure which feels like my head being squished, my nose has pressure on it but its not stuffy, sharpness and fullness in my ear, my throat has felt tight like there is flem (phlegm) in it, i have had diarrhea, and since this has started all i have done is worried about it.  I heard that stress and anxiety could cause this.  I have also had the cat scan and been to the doctor.  I feel like the cat scan could have missed something and i want a MRI but the doctor says i don't need one.  I originally i thought this was a neck strain after my rough snowmobiling trip but my symptoms wont go away.  Also laying down makes my head hurt more and its very hard to go to sleep.  I haven't gone to school since this started because daily activities make this worse.  I was just wondering if anyone has had symptoms like this and if anyone can help me i would be very greatful
Thanks keith
Read about Intracranial Hypertension/Pseudotumor Cerebri.  I have this and feel pressure quite a bit.  You also have tinnitus with this.  It is an easily treated illness...just painful as you have headaches often.  
I looked it up and it said other symptoms are vommiting and loss of eye sight.  I don't have either of those and I had a CT Scan and eye exam done which didn't find anything.
Thanks Keith
Hi all ,

I am really better from the past weeks.
I do not feel than "pressure.....".I have been with that feeling for more than two months.
I am sure that anxiety and stress can make them worse.
I am pharmacist, and as I know, the symptons of many things, may not be a pathology, just happens, and thats all.
I thing that being positive and good humour, things will go OK.
My tinnitus did not go away.But it does not make me any problem.
its just with me.I do not have any problem of hearing sounds.I can hear ok.
As many things in our life, doctors have answers for many pathologys, or sympntons.But there are many and many symptons that doctors do not have any answer.

I hope that things must carry on in the best way.

Kind regards.

Do any of you notice that the pressure sensation goes away when you touch your scalp?
I had the same problems for a long time. Pressure on top of head, headaches, dizzy, nausea, etc.. Everyone is looking in the wrong place for the cause though. Go to the Chiropractor and have them look at your sciatic nerve or main nerve in your spine. It is more than likely pinched or deteriorating. Hopefully this helps as this is what was wrong with me. It took 22 years to find this out.
ive had most of the same symptoms except i also had a seizure 5 months ago. before then i was sure i was dealing with anxiety because i was uncomfortable in public places or busy visual environments. the seizure was likely due to drinking alot the night before, but for the past 5 months i have had extreme anxiety and constant pressure and tingling on the top of my head. eeg mri ct eck eng cat have all come back normal. could it be the meds? dilantin lexapro stavzor buspar enalipril or just anxiety?
I've been dealing with back of the head pressure for over a year now. The Doctor says it's due to stress. Gave me Anxiety pills and I've been taking them on and off since last year. Today I began to have alot of pressure on the back of my head. After a while I began to experience a strong pressure all over my head with a tingly feeling on the top of my head which continued for about 2 hours. Very uncomfortable. I felt a little light headed. I called to schedule an appt but Doc's ofc will not see me for the next 2 wks. A while ago I felt my right of slightly unusual. A bit of numbness. Felt really weird. I've felt these headaches for quite a while now but nothing like today. Is this something I should be worried about or does it have to do with Anxiety?
   Head pain and pressure that does not go away is very often an undiagnosed food sensitivity, especially if there are gastrointestinal symptoms as well. If you are told it's just anxiety, or you are living on pain meds. it might be worth getting food allergy and IgG sensitivity testing done. Who knows - you might have a tyramine sensitivity - avoid tyramine and voila! No more symptoms. For some, this is the answer.

Enzy
It's 4:00 in the morning and I couldn't sleep because of the pressure,tenderness and throbbing in the top of my head. It"s painful to touch the top of my head and little hair bumps top up sometimes. it's worst today then before. I have a bald spot in the top of head also. I am under a lot of stress working two jobs and single.
I don't know if this is a sign of going thru the change or not but I'll really concern.
I have been getting a tight sensation on the top of my head, more towards the right, it sometimes goes when i rub it.

I am scared too, i had a CT scan 2 years back for headaches, was in the clear. most people say online its stress and i am sure stressed out these days.

I take Diamicron MR 60mg for diabetes. wondering if that is causing it. i used to take 30 mg and just had it increased to 60mg a month back. Waiting to hear from others on this forum who havealready  been to the doc.