Neurology Community
head pressure

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

head pressure

hi do brain anyourisums cause a pressure feeling in the head
Hi.

Yes, some brain aneurysms can, indeed, cause increased head pressure.

Unruptured brain aneurysms rarely cause symptoms. However, if the aneurysm is large enough, it can put pressure on adjacent brain structures leading to increased head pressure.

Ruptured brain aneurysms lead to leakage of blood into brain tissues and if the blood mixes with the cerebrospinal fluid, this could increase pressure in the brain, thus a feeling of increased head pressure.

Can I inquire why you are asking about this? Do you have any symptoms related to increased head pressure?

I hope the information I have given you has answered your query adequately.
Hi there thanks for your response. I have been having some pressure like feeling mostly at the front of my head
Hi again.

Has there been any brain imaging done that has identified anything related to a brain aneurysm? Do you suffer from any other symptoms? Do you frequently suffer from colds? How long have you had this symptom?

Your symptom of pressure in front of your head are quite non-specific and its cause cannot be ascertained just by this single symptom. It would be unlikely and premature at this point to consider a brain aneurysm as the cause of your head pressure. Other possible causes of your symptom cannot be ruled out and would include sinus headaches, migraine, allergic rhinitis, stress, tension headache, high blood pressure,  etc.

If you haven't done so, it would be advisable to consult a physician to have a proper evaluation of your symptoms and to undergo a complete physical and neurological examination to determine what the underlying cause of your symptom is.

Hope this helps.
Thanks so much this really helps..... i have not gone to a doctor yet i have an appointment with a neurologist this week on Friday....... Its just very bother some and its mostly on my left side and i feel like my ear is clogged and sometimes and little bit of pain....i have had a couple of colds these past couple of month and i am always sneezing and blowing my nose i also have a lot of stress in fact i've had a lot of back pain this past weekend and i've had this pressure feeling for about 3 to 4 weeks and its just driving me crazy
Hi.

Your last post seemed to suggest a sinus related condition as a likely cause of your symptoms. Several things you mentioned could be triggering them including probable allergic rhinitis, as well as stress.

If you suspect that you are suffering from allergies, you could take over-the-counter antihistamines. At the same time, try to determine what triggers your allergies and avoid them.

You should also engage in some relaxation techniques to help ease your stress, such as listening to some music, or walking to the park for a while, or even just reading a book. Decreasing the stress you experience would benefit your health in the long run.

Go ahead with the neurologist consult on Friday and see what he/she has to say.

Good luck.
Thanks a lot for your help. I also forgot to mention that i still have my two top wisdom teeth growing out i heard that can cause what im feeling as well is that true