Neurology Expert Forum
head shocks

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

head shocks

i all ways get shocks in my head
when i move my eyes turn my head basically all through my head
can any one help.????????
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

There is a type of headache called SUNCT which is sharp stabbing pains around the eye that can be triggered by neck movement. They occur up to 30 attacks/hr and may be associated with tearing or redness of the eye. Treatment options are available, but would best be discussed with your PCP (and also to elaborate on the diagnosis).

This is just one possibility. I recommend that you follow up with your PCP to discuss further.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.