Neurology Community
head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

head

Last year i went to a neurologist because i was gettin very bad head aches he than had me get a mri and on the mri showed uncomman white spots as my neurologist said, he than had me go 6 months later for another mri and it appeared that 2 more spots showed up and there were 2 that i already had that had gotten alittle bigger in size than what they were, what does this mean and what do i do
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there. Do you have other symptoms of neurological deficits like sensorydeficits, paraesthesiae? White spots on MRI brain are suggestive of demyelination  in the brain. certain conditions lie multiple sclerosis undergo demyelination of the white matter in brain and the associated neurological sequelae, visual disturbances, limb  weakness, balance and speech impediments,etc. the MRI may show widespread white spots due to plaques in the white matter. oligoclonal bands in  the cerebrospinal fluid examination are also seen. consult a neurologist who would analyze your symptoms to arrive at a diagnosis and relevant management. Take care.

I went to a neurologist and he is the one who wanted me to get a mri and that was shown on it and that is all he said to me that is uncomman white spots, now my main thing is i got diagnosed with Lyme disease in 06 and i went to a doctor and he didnt really do much for me than the doc had me get my blood drawn and it showed that i didnt have it? is this known to happen or as i got told by people who have lyme is that once you have lyme you always have it and it wont always show on testing because it comes n goes?