Neurology Community
headache, pressure behind eyes

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

headache, pressure behind eyes

Im a 36 year old female. For the last few weeks i have been exeptionally tired, my eyes feel as though i have not slept for days. I have a headache on waking that lasts the day, i take painkillers, but they do not always work.
The pain is like a pressure behind my eyes and forehead that makes my thinking 'foggy' and restricts my ability to concentrate. its worse if i bend forwards. my eyes get red and look puffy in the evenings.  
I sometimes get a 'whooshing' noise in my ears, particularly if i have a bad headache. The noise blocks out all other sound and feels like it is taking over my head. it only lasts a few seconds. I have listened to sounds of tinitus on the web, and i do not think it is that. I dont know if its connected but i also have a rash on my neck, it was on my arms, this lasted around a week, i still have the neck rash which is red, and just feels like very dry skin. I notice it gets hot and redder if i am stressed.
I feel very tired, physically.
A year or so ago i had an eye test that resulted in me being being admitted to a neurology ward for a week!, the discs behind my eyes are large and pressure from a lumber puncture was showing as raised. I had CT scans, MRI scan etc, i had lots of visual tests and they said that they had thought it was intercranial hypertension, but after checks they felt it was not.
They advised me to stop smoking and lose weight. (im 5ft 7 and weighed 15stone).
I did stop smoking but put on another stone since then. I was not a larger person until around 4 years ago, i always stabilised my weight at around 11 stone.
I had taken ginseng, gingko bilboa and evening primrose oil for around six months. Since i have stopped i am feeling like this.
Im really concerned that i now have this condition, and i feel silly that i have not lost weight. could you let me know what you think.
I just want to get back to feeling myself, with some energy again.
When I was your age (i am now 52) I had your symptoms and more. I ignored them until my doctor discovered what he thought was a goiter on my thyroid and did surgery...to discover i had a non milignant tumor (thank God) and he had to take out 3/4 of my thyroid. Maybe you should get your thyroid level checked that may be why you gained weight and are having all the rest of your symptoms ...good luck!