headache after spinal tap and blood patch
I've had a headache (pressure in back of head and jaw) for over 13 months following spinal tap for knee surgery; had blood patch 3 weeks later-worse headache. Blood was introduced into my CSF during EBP. My headache is the same whether standing or laying down. Had radicular pain for one month after ebp-subsided-but headache remained. I've had many MRI's and seen many doctors who say just wait-it takes time. I'm tired of waiting-I want my life back. Is my headache from the original spinal tap or from the blood patch? Am waiting (4 months) for mylogram. Is the the right thing to do? This has gone on for so long I fear permanent damage.

Please advise
flossie52

Hi flossie...were u told to drink caffinated beverages?

Caffine is supposed to help......did u say u r 4 months with a CSF leak?....IMHO u should find another dr and get this taken care of.....I can only imagine what u r going thru I had a leak that lasted 5 days...I had to remain flat and I was in intense pain.

My heart goes out to u, but please do something...go to another dr...try and find one that specializes in CSF leaks if u can.

Godspeed
"selma"