Neurology Community
headache,dizziness,left eye pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

headache,dizziness,left eye pain

i am 30 year old female.had postpartam hypertension,postpartam depession and anxiety for which i took medication,antidepressants for 6 months now stopped since 2 months.i get frequent headaches usually left temple,supraorbital and left eye which earlier used to get relieved by sleeping.bt now heaviness still persists even after sleep.feel dizzy all the time and sometimes nausea.i had little power in my eyes-0.5 in both eyes but never used glasses.i feel i hav to strain myself to focus at adistance but not that much .i feel pessure on boh sides bridge of nose bt dont hav running nose or cold etc. bt left nostril feels blocked all the time.pain in left supraorbital region is there.feel suffocated at times,feel heaviness in the chest all the time as if someone has placed a rock on me. bt hav no respiratory problems,chest x ray is clear.had undergone cholecystectomy for gall stones 1 month back.all blood investigations were normal.TSH,Hb normal  except ESR  and alkaline phosphatase mildly raised.i feel fatigue all the time with generalized joints and muscle pains more in feet and hands,neck and shoulders....hav multiple problems .m very scared thinking of brain tumors ,aneurysms... etc...please advice

Thanks for writing in.
I would suggest you to get an eye exam done just in case you need prescription glasses. It is also important to rule out sinusitis also. Sinusitis may not present as cold and runny nose but just as pain in the eye and temple region and nasal congestion.
You also seem to be suffering from mild depression suggested by your symptoms like chest pain and heaviness. I would suggest you to do some regular physical exercise and take your pots natal supplements. Please discuss these possibilities with your PCP and keep us posted!
Thanks, DrNoopurMD for ur advise.i think i should not think of dangerous diseases and get scared.
Hello.  I have recently been having problems with my left eye, dizziness and headaches - which they have diagnosed as migraines for the past 6 months.  I was wondering if you could describe your headaches.  Mine are typically at the base of the skull and wrap around - however they have been just about everywhere in the head as well.  I would say I typically have a headache at least 5 days of the week.  Very frustrating.
hello and thanks for the reply.my headaches is mosly on left side above the ear ,temple,and side of head,more pain in eyes, sometimes on left side.bt the constant mild dizziness,mild nausea sometimes is more disturbing.,accompanied by fatigue,generalised joint and muscle pain make it worse.
Hello Tina

Am amazed to hear you describe the same symptoms I have been having.  Have dealt with depression, anxiety, and insomnia for 7 years but was doing very well this year.  Stopped anxiety med in January.  Reduced dose of anti-depression med in July.  Started getting severe headaches just over my left eye in August.  Have experienced numbness, tingling, and mild to severe pain from my forehead down around my eye, behind it, and in my left cheek.

Thought is was sinus, but it is not.  ENT took CT scan, it was clear and he guessed TMJ, not that either.  Neurologist doesn't know, suggested MRI  and talk to psychiatrist.  He says it is anxiety/stress related.  Changed my depression med but so far no relief.  It is hard to beleive something with such clear physical symptoms is "psychological" but I have to be open to what they say.

Have you learned any more?