Neurology Community
headache for 5 days

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

headache for 5 days

i am having this terrible headache for 5 days now. It originates from the back of neck(the area behind my left ear) and extend to the right side of my head. at first I though it might be that I slept in a bad position and my neck hurts, but I dont think that is the reason anymore. has anyone experienced such pain, and what did you do?
Hi.

Is the headache constant or does it occur intermittently? Does it go away when you sleep? Is it present when you wake up? When is it most severe?

There are many conditions and factors which could cause your symptoms as they are non-specific. However, answers to some of the questions above might provide clues as to what conditions are causing your symptoms.

If your symptoms persist without any relief from intake of over-the-counter medications as well as proper sleeping habits, it would be best to consult a physician.

Good luck.
I'm a 22 yr old healthy male. About 4 months ago I had this new onset of a headache that made me naseus and hurt really bad, it lasted about a month and a half, I had a Ct scan of my head done without contrast and it came back normal. Well the headaches eventually went away and now a month in a half later the head pain is back. It's on the right side of my head about 2 inches above my right ear and an inch or two towards the back of the head. It comes and goes throughout the day, its been back for 3 days now. It sometimes makes me feel a little off balanced and out of it. It seems like when I move my neck around and pop it, i get somewhat of a relief from it but it comes back. The main thing that I'm scared of is an anuerism. The pain is not bad enough to where it affects my sleep but its an intermittent pain there when i go to bed and when i wake up in the morning, and throughout the day. What could cause these symptoms? Thank you so much. Also sometimes I feel like a strong pulse sensation in my head for a few seconds and then it disappears.