Neurology Expert Forum
headache stops when laying down only
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

headache stops when laying down only

Posted By skelly on November 06, 1998 at 22:26:56:

I have been experiencing a constant headache for over 4 weeks.  I am a 38 year old female and have had migraines for over 16 years,but I seem to be out growing them as I only get about 2 per year now.  I am in very good health.  However, this is a different type of headache.  The pain radiates from the bottom of my skull up the back of my head, over the top and stops under my eye sockets. I have severe muscle tension in my neck and upper shoulders because of it. It is very severe sitting down, at times more tolerable standing and goes away completely when I lay down.  I have been seeing a chiropracter to no avail.  I am now seeing a Medical Dr.  He gave me a shot of a pain killer that did not work.  I have been put on prednisone for ten days and 5mg of Diazepam each night.  I am three days into the prednisone but still have no relief unless I lay down. I can not imagine what this could be.  It feels like a spinal headache, which I have had before, 12 years ago with the birth of my first children via a C-section and spinal anesthetic.  What could be causing this type of headache and why is the pain only relieved when I lay down.  Your help in this matter is appreciated.  S. Kelly