Neurology Community
headaches and very quick blackouts since accident
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

headaches and very quick blackouts since accident

Hi,
Hopefully someone can ease my mind and help. I had a small car accident a few weeks ago, i got hit from behind and suffered minor whiplash. I got fully checked by the hospital and was given a course of codiene. Since the crash i have had headaches every day, all day long and get small shooting pains up the side of my neck and into the back of my head which i guess is from the swelling caused in the accident. Over the past 10 days i seem to black out for only just a second or two, it happens mid afternoon usually. i know its happened but its very quick. afterwards i feel very alert and awake, like after a power nap. i have read up on narcalepsy but im not sure if it is a slight case of that.

can anyone help?