Neurology Community
headaches while sleeping

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

headaches while sleeping

Every night for the past 3 weeks I am getting a headache. They always come on between midnight and 6am. The pain is always in the same place which is the right backside of my head and always feels the same although some nights are worse than others. It's a steady throbbing pain. I don't drink alcohol and only take the lowest dose of Premarin (due to a total hysterectomy) which my doctor is weening me off of. I have no past history of headaches and I never have these headaches during the daytime. I saw my family doctor 2 days ago and she scheduled a MRI for Monday and said it was urgent. She said she wants to rule out a tumor first and then go from there. Has anyone ever heard of having headaches only when you are asleep and always in the same spot?