Neurology Community
heat/sun headaches

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

heat/sun headaches

if i go out side in the heat and sun i get a headache that feels like someone cut open the top of my head and put in razor blades and shake it up these are usually followed by vomiting and very loose stool, in other words it comes out both ends. i have tried to consume extra water which gives me know help. when i was 19 i had sun poisoning which i got nasty blisters, then when i was about 28 while sun bathing i stopped sweating and became very ill. now I'm 47 and cant go out side with out becoming ill.

This discussion is related to Sun/Heat and Headaches.
HI....sounds like what some call summer complaint....do u use air conditioning?

If so, if it is very cool inside and u go out to where ti is very hot, ur body can not take the extreme changes. I used to get like this too...I found u have to set ur AC up a bit so it takes the humidity out but is not like a refrigerator....and go out more frequently to get the body used to switching btwn the 2 temps.

I would also advise on wearing a brimmed hat...

Good luck
"selma"
Hi Thank you for your question. There might be two possibilities here that need to be evaluated thoroughly. First, one sided throbbing (or sharp) headache could be suggestive of migraine. Other factors that may induce your migraine attack may be bright lights (sunlight as well), pills, stress or depression, loud noise and traveling. The mainstay of the migraine treatment is always to identify the triggering factors and to avoid them. Triggering factors could be different foods such as cheese, chocolate, alcohol and even few fruits. I would suggest careful record of events that have proceeded with the attack and avoid those factors. In addition, try to rest in a dark & quiet room, meditate, have a balanced diet and avoid taking unnecessary drugs. Hope this helps.