Neurology Community
heavy head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

heavy head

I am going to see my doctor this week, but I had a not so normal episode today.  I am a 24 year old male that has had a clean bill of health my entire life and in the past year I have had a heavy head that I really can't describe any other way way, there is just a constant lingering, not pain but its heavy.  I don't know if it is because my past drug abuse in my youth or what it is, but today when I was driving my head was heavier than normal and my entire body went numb and I thought I was dieing.  I stopped my car went and walked around a dominick just in case I fainted and I started having light flashes when I moved.  After the episode my head felt better than normal, but I got nervous.  It was a scary attack that lasted about 15 minutes.
Avatar n tn
What is your name? What drug abuse you used to do?
I think either it can be seizure or some intracranial pathology.
Alternatively it can be plain anxiety disorder also.
Stress and anxiety can do this. Stress is the condition that results when person-environment transactions lead the individual to perceive a discrepancy, whether real or not, between the demands of a situation and the resources of the person's biological, psychological or social systems. Anxiety is a normal reaction to stress.
You should be seeing a neurologist to rule out any pathology involving central nervous system.
I think you need to do yoga, relaxation and meditation to ease yourself.
Keep me informed about your ailment.
Hope this helps.
Bye.