Neurology Community
hemangioma

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

hemangioma

I have been experiencing much neck and shoulder pain for several months. I had an MRI two weeks ago after insisting it from my PCM. Today my MRI showed that I have a hemangioma in the T1 region. I was told that it does not cause the pain that I am experiencing and that I should come back in 4 months for another MRI.  Does anyone have any updated information on this problem? Please help.

This discussion is related to Spinal Hemangioma.
Hello Dear,
  In spinal haemangioma,when symptoms occur, they can be vague and nonspecific. Vertebral collapse and epidural and or extraosseous extension can result in back pain. Neural compression can produce paralysis or paraplegia or bladder and bowel dysfunction, whereas radicular symptoms occur from nerve-root impingement.
The treatment includes-Radiation for the treatment of symptomatic hemangiomas that are surgically inaccessible,used in the treatment of symptomatic vertebral hemangiomas .Selective arterial embolization is safer and more effective in the treatment of symptomatic vertebral lesions.
Open excision of bone hemangiomas rarely is indicated. One uncommon indication is to decompress the spinal cord when a vertebral hemangioma is causing neurologic deficits.
Refer http://www.emedicine.com/radio/byname/Hemangioma--Bone.htmhttp://www.emedicine.com/Orthoped/topic499.htm#section~Treatment
Best
I just had MRIcspine done due to tingling, weakness and heavy feelings in arms/hands. I had a head injury 6 months ago and then took a pretty hard fall  2 months later. Could any of this be caused or aggrevated by those? The docs say it is degenerative, but I didn't have any symptoms until the injuries. The MRI shows the following:

Scoliosis is present. Abnormal translation is not observed. C1-C2
alignment appears within normal limits.

Degenerative changes involve C1-C2 anteriorly. There is signal loss
within the disc spaces throughout the cervical spine. Disc space
narrowing is present. Disk space narrowing is greater at C5-C6.

Dominant lateralizing abnormality is not observed C2-C3, C3-C4 or
C4-C5.

There is central bulge or small protrusion at C5-C6. A dominant
abnormality extending into the foramen is not seen.

There is a small focal protrusion lateralizing slightly to the right
of the midline at C6-C7. Again, foraminal encroachment is not
observed. Focal abnormality is not observed C7-T1.

Cord and canal are normal in size. There is no mass effect upon the
cord or abnormal signal seen within the cord. Hemangioma of bone is
noted within T1. Cerebellar tonsils are within the posterior fossa.
Signal voids are seen segmentally in the cervical vertebral arteries

Just found out I have hemangioma within L2 and T11 vertebrae, also within T1, T4 and T10 going to orthopedic specialist dont' know what to expect.