Neurology Community
hemi hydrosis

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

hemi hydrosis

Just read several people sweated heavily on one side of the neck, scalp and face. I am one of these too! Visited the neurologist, who ran tons of tests on me to conclude: it is OK, you'll never die from this. At that time, couple of years ago,  I thought "good news!", but now I wish somebody comes up with a solution. I was suggested to use Botox. Any thoughts?

This discussion is related to asymmetrical sweating.
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. Hemifacial flushing and or sweating is caused by several conditions such as Primary Harlequin syndrome characterized by one sided facial and/or neck flushing and sweating, pancoast tumor of the tip of the lung, autonomic dysfunction, and tumor in the upper spinal cord.
Botox has been approved for underarm flushing. Its safety and efficacy for facial flushing has not been extensively studied.  Please discuss with your doctor. Apply cold compress on and off during the day. Splash a lot of cold water (not freezing cold but cool) on face on and off. See if this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.