hip and thigh pain long after surgery
My husband received a new hip a year ago this month.  Recovery was quick.  He was up and moving independently within days.  After a month or so he began having pain in his hip and thigh.  He went back to the doctor who performed the operation and he said that the x-ray looked fine and to give it more time.  

Three months after the hip operation he had an inguinal hernia operation on the same side as the hip.  That also was successful.  The pain in the thigh and hip, however, continued.  It's now been a year and 1 month.  He was tested for infection and the possibility of the hip being loose.  The only thing that showed up on the MRI was irritation where the prosthesis is drilled into the femor.  The doctor said to give it more time.

My husband is only 59 and very active.  He still gets around but very painfully.  If he puts any weight on his leg, there is pain.  There is no pain if he sits or lies down.  He has virtually no range of motion with the leg unless he is in a swimming pool.  Then he has almost full range of motion.

Any suggestions or recommendations you have would be greatly appreciated.  

Sandy