Neurology Community
..how can i help my son

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

..how can i help my son

my son is 30.  in july he had a clonic-tonic seizure resulting in a fall that caused a sever concussion to the back of his skull, he was unconscious.  he had to have an emergency craineotomy (sic) to relieve the pressure and to stop the bleeding. he was in neurosurgical icu for 2 days, then moved a step down in care. he was released after 4 days with dylantin to control his seizures  and that was it.  now he goes to ben taub hosp. once a month for a dylantin liver function test and a quick neuro check...follow my finger, etc. and that's it.  
he seems to be still having many problems...first it was with walking, talking, confusion, his sight.  he is still having problems and now depression has set in.  the doctors here say that there isn't much that can be done for him, that this could go on for months or even years...and may never go away.  i am trying to do what i can....i am no professional i need help to know what to do for this man to help him get his life back.  he won't go back to work as he has no faith in his abilities at this time.  he was training to be a vet tech and now fears he can no longer function at a level to provide safe care.  i think he is having some problems with the simplest of things,  it is hard to get him to talk about it.

i don't know where to go for help.  he has no health insurance so there is nowhere to turn, no one to talk to.
can anyone here educate me a bit so i can help my son feel he survived this for a reason and give him some hope to get on with his life  
i was with him when this happened...i thought he had died.  ....i know what i ask is a lot, and i know the doctors are right but isn't there anything else?...i've searched and searched.  it seems like this is a dead end and only left to god to heal.
my thanks and best regards,
a mom