how long can nerve pain last??
I have been receiving treatment for nerve injury for the past 9 months and the improvement is very very slow. I think i have suffered a very severe form of nerve injury called axonotmesis. How long will this take to heal if even possible???
I am 22 years and it feels very difficult to have a normal day with pain all day long in-spite of the meds it is difficult. Plus due to this problem I sweat a lot and I can't sleep in the night without the meds... I don't get dreams any more and fall asleep due to the meds. and wake up the next morning when the meds wear off... is this ever going to go away???
How did the nerve injury occur and is it a large spot or small? Nerves can regenerate but it is a long and as you said very slow process. The larger the area the longer it will take and in some cases it is permanent. I have had severe nerve damage for 14 years and lost 78% of the feeling from my waist down. I have yet to regain any significant amount of feeling. Also what meds are you on for the pain. Only nerve meds help with nerve pain. I take Dilaudid for my back pain but when my nerves act up it will not touch the pain. During these times I take Valium. Best wishes, Sissie  
I dunno how it occured it had a minor fall with my bike. From then on i have this problem. but over the past 9 months the muscle has shown improvement but i dunno how long it will last. I take sensival for pain at night and venlor xr in the day. the sweat is a really irritating factor. But i am hopefull it should go away. the area is about 2 sq inch in size.
I guess I should have also asked what area it is in lol? Sometimes I go brain dead I think. All the best, Sissie
judging from the muscle tone recovery it should take a long while may be more 10+ months. but I am hopefull gotta keep up with my doc also
Complex B12 vitamins help nerves heal a little faster just fyi. Also a good multivitamin should help with your muscles along with exercise. Best wishes, Sissie
THNKS