Neurology Community
how low is too low of blood pressure?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

how low is too low of blood pressure?

I was wondering if my blood pressure was too low and how to determine how low is too low?  Mine is around 89/73 which I checked yesterday.  I eat alot of fish,chicken, and all kinds of seafood, but only a little bit of meat once or twice a week.  So how low is too low, they don't tell me that.  They always tell us about what is too high.  Thanks.
As long as you are not having issues on standing (feeling like you are going to black out, feeling dizzy), then you may be fine at this pressure. How is your pulse? That tells the story. If your pulse is high, then your body is fighting a bit with the pressure so low. In that case, you may need more fluid to help or an increase in sodium. But if your pulse is fine and you feel fine, then all should be well.
Low blood pressure can be the sign of say, adrenal issues, where the body is not managing the sodium correctly or of renin/aldosterone axis issues, again in the adrenals.
This is not quite diet dependent, but how you feel.
Have you always had a low blood pressure?
If you did then it is perfectly normal for you and you should not worry about it.

If you only have experienced that recently or over the last few years you really should bring this to the attention of your DR.
Low Blood Pressure can be just as dangerous as high blood pressure.
Not enough blood supply to your brain and other organs.
Do you have any symptoms of dizziness, fatigue, fainting or even seizures??
Low blood pressure can also be induced by certain medication.
Hope this helps a little bit, but only your doc. can give you a diagnostic and treatment suggestion!!
good luck and stay in touch!!
Ditto of the above comments. If you have always been low you are going to be careful with any drugs used if you ever have any procedures because you don't want to go any lower than that. I run 90-100 systolic and do get dizziness when stooping, or changing positions (orthostatic BP).
You can also take meds to increase your BP and see if that makes your symptoms go away.