Neurology Community
hurts to be touched

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

hurts to be touched

I have pain anytime i or someone touches me like if they put just a little pressure on the leg or arm like with their finger and hold it there it is hurts really really bad till they stop the pressure. I don't have pain at all unless i put pressure on any limb especially my hips bones if i put pressure on my hips bone with a finger it is awful as soon as i let go of the pressure it stops.  what could this be.
Avatar n tn
Hi - I have the same thing and it was diagnosed as fibromyalgia.  I am on meds to help the pain, so that I am not so sensistive.  You should try seeing a rheumatologist just to be sure.
Avatar n tn
do i really need the medicationif it dosn't hurt unless i'm touched.  I mean it doesn't bother me unless someone grabs me or pokes me.  I mean is the medicine for the rest of your life cause i heard there is no cure of fibromyalgia.
Avatar n tn
There is no cure for Fibromyalgia, but some medicines do work and no, you do not need to take them all of the time.  One of my meds, I only take when I get a bad flare up.  They will normally give you a muscle relaxer and/or pain med to help control your pain, but I only take mine as needed.  Keep in mind, there are also other things that can result from FM, insomnia, depression, chronic fatigue - so don't think it's all in your head - I used to - it took alot of research and books to help me understand it better.  FM is real, regardless of what anyone else says.
Avatar n tn
u can get medical marijuana for fibromyalgia......just puttin it out there:)
Might be neuropathy from diabetes.  So, you should have your doctor check your blood sugars, to make sure you don't have that.