Neurology Community
hurts to be touched
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hurts to be touched

I have pain anytime i or someone touches me like if they put just a little pressure on the leg or arm like with their finger and hold it there it is hurts really really bad till they stop the pressure. I don't have pain at all unless i put pressure on any limb especially my hips bones if i put pressure on my hips bone with a finger it is awful as soon as i let go of the pressure it stops.  what could this be.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi - I have the same thing and it was diagnosed as fibromyalgia.  I am on meds to help the pain, so that I am not so sensistive.  You should try seeing a rheumatologist just to be sure.
Blank
do i really need the medicationif it dosn't hurt unless i'm touched.  I mean it doesn't bother me unless someone grabs me or pokes me.  I mean is the medicine for the rest of your life cause i heard there is no cure of fibromyalgia.
Blank
There is no cure for Fibromyalgia, but some medicines do work and no, you do not need to take them all of the time.  One of my meds, I only take when I get a bad flare up.  They will normally give you a muscle relaxer and/or pain med to help control your pain, but I only take mine as needed.  Keep in mind, there are also other things that can result from FM, insomnia, depression, chronic fatigue - so don't think it's all in your head - I used to - it took alot of research and books to help me understand it better.  FM is real, regardless of what anyone else says.
Blank
u can get medical marijuana for fibromyalgia......just puttin it out there:)
Blank
Might be neuropathy from diabetes.  So, you should have your doctor check your blood sugars, to make sure you don't have that.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...