hyperreflexia
Could someone tell me what causes hyperreflexia, should i be concerned that i have it in my left leg?
I  have had numbness and weakness off and on since June. Sometimes the pain is terrible!!!!  It is mainly my left leg and my toes that hurt.

How are you feeling now?
Hyperreflexia is defined as overactive or over responsive reflexes i.e. an exaggerated reflex of the muscles. The most common cause of "hyper-reflexia" is spinal cord injury. Other causes include Hypernatraemia, Portal hypertension, Preeclampsia, Tetanus, Brain tumor, Stroke, Head trauma.
Treatment depends on diagnosing the specific pathology causing this symptom. Should it be caused by illicit or genuine use of medication/stimulants, then it may involve removing these drugs from their healthcare.
I think it is lower back pain or strain which is causing all symptoms.
Hope this helps.
Bye.
Thanks,
    I am not on any medication and i have never had a spinal cord injury that i know of.
I had an mri and they said that it was nothing really wrong, but im still having the same pain.
Do i need to be concerned about it or just deal with it?
Thanks for ur time,