Neurology Community
imitrex/migraines/dizzy
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

imitrex/migraines/dizzy

I got migraines very often so I was prescribed imitrex injections. I used them far more than they were prescribed to me. 2 a day, every day, for almost 3 months. Had been using it cautiously for 6 years prior, but got so much good relief from them that i started the 2 a day ritual. I was also taking Amerge (another triptan) as well. Usually took half a pill/1/2 vile of imitrex at a time, but still throughout the day I took more than I was allowed/supposed to. I started getting sever heart palpitations... halter monitor showed my heart was skipping beats. I assumed it was from the mis use imitrex because it was the only change in my life. It scared me so bad that I stopped taking the imitrex all together. It's been 3 months with absolutely no headache medications of any sort except advil. I am having sever symptoms of dizzyness, lightheadedness, strange head sensations, can't focus, cant read or write well, can't type out words without making mistakes, cant drive, heart palpitations, racing heart, heart pounding fast, eye focusing issues, cant control what i am saying, feels like I am dreaming, feels foggy, head congested, body feels really heavy, about to tip over feeling, head sensations that make me feel like I am going to fall, weird issues with eyes and light, eye floaters, panic attacks, panic disorder, extreme fears, fear of leaving the house because of symptoms, extreme fear of symptoms worsening or coming back, fear of taking medications, etc. So many symptoms, could it be from stopping the imitrex? Every doctor I have seen has told me that once imitrex leaves your system (about 2 hours after you take it) it is gone for good. I don't believe them, espeiclaly because i took it for so long. There was one time whne I was having heart palpitations and I had a migraine that was horrible, so i took half of a shot of imitrex, and immediately the palpitations stopped, that is NOT coincidence. Doctors have done many tests on me but all have come up OK which is why I am on ativan now, they tell me it's just anxiety. I do not believe it is anxiety because I have nothing to be anxious about. I love my life (well i loved it before these symptoms). I was totally happy and living fine until these horrible symptoms came on. I want to know why they are happening, what they are from, and how to stop them. I will do anything to get rid of them. If you have any information on imitrex or my symptoms please help! Thanks!