intercoastal neuralgia
I was diagnosed by Stanford with Intercoastal Neuralgia about 1 1/2 years ago.  I had several nerve blocks, pulsed radio frequency, interferintal (TENS) machine, acupuncture treatments that didn't produce any results.  Almost all medications, such as Neurotin, etc. haven't worked but Lyrica has helped some.  I was told that 30% of patients with my type of nerve pain don't respond to treatment.
I'm a 67 year old female with Lupus, once very active, positive person.  I have to spend 3/4's of my time in bed in a reclining position to manage the pain.  Being on my feet, sitting straight in a chair, activity, RIDING IN A CAR! bring on intense pain.  The pain is a deep, burning excruciating pain.  My question is:
People have told me that nerve pain/damage can't last forever...it isn't medically reasonable.  Is this true?  I would LOVE for this to be true but it is frustrating to have them say, "There is no reason you should continue to have this pain!"  Also, do you know of any recent cures?
Thank you so much!!!! Marylin