Neurology Expert Forum
intercoastal neuralgia
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

intercoastal neuralgia

Posted By greg on November 23, 1998 at 23:13:16:

Approximately a year and a half ago I started having pain in my upper back in the right shoulder area that radiates to the chest wall. The pain only occurs while sitting at the computer at work or while riding in a car. The longer I have to sit the pain becomes worse. The pain is a burning sensation. I have had a bone scan, mri, ct-scan and nothing has shown up. My neurologist has tried Nsaid's , muscle relaxers, high dose neurontin and tegretol and nothing has helped. I have also had one nerve block to the 4th rib area and this didn't help either. I would like to know if my symptoms could be intercoastal neuralgia and any other treatment options I might try because my quality of life has really diminished. Thanks for any info in advance.