intercostal neuralgia
I have been diagnosed with intercostal neuralgia. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of this condition?
yes I hav been suffering with it for the past 3yrs following an intercoastal nerve block. was told that thereisn't any way of knowing exactly wich nerves are damaged.
Its a neuropathic pain which could result in so many conditions
1- as one of the many neuromuscular conditions occuring more frequently during pregnancy
2- Crdiac/thoracic surgery
3-postherpetic
4-Diabetic
5- diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis

But the most interesting cases were published last year of few patient with abdominal intercostal neuralgia where the patient ended having even abdominal surgeries before reliazing the neuropathic nature of the pain

Bob
I am a 51 year old female.  I woke 2 days ago with a terrible pain in my chest.  I realised in fact that the pain was not in the chest but between 2 ribs under my right breast.  I am not overweight, I have a little bit of cholesterol, I exercise regularly and I don't smoke. I am going through a lot of problems with my divorce and was wondering if this intercoastal pain could be due to stress. Who should I consult to help me manage the pain and eventually get rid of it? Thanks. Sophie
My husband has suffered from severe rib and back pain since a work injury over a year ago. Unfortunately, workers comp will not pay you for pain, and there seems to be no cure. He is unable to do much of anything for more than an hour, including sit or stand, and he will get almost nothing from workers comp. His boss fired him as soon as we claimed the injury on worker comp, so no pay for over a year.Some nights he actually sits and cries it hurts so bad, but we have no clear diagnosis or test for it, just pain management (drugs). Even the shots did not help. Anyone else have problems with the shots? They say he is at maximum improvement; there is nothing else they can do for him. Great system for workers comp here in Florida.