intermittent slurred speech
Hi, I suffer from spells of intermittent slurred speech, I dont have any control over this and recently it is more pronounced when I eat or drink. The feeling that I get is as if I have bitten something very sour, I even have difficulty moving food around in my mouth and eating. This started about a year ago, and I have had periods of months between spells. I gave had MRI, it came out as all clear
My right eye lid has now also dropped and closed, not sure it it is related .
Really worried and will appreciate any ideas or response
Needless to say, you require a professional toe-to-nose examination by a team of neurologists. I urge you to do so as soon as possible.

That being said, one of the possible diagnosis, from your symptoms is Parkinson's.

The intermittant slurred speech and the difficulty in moving food about the mouth are hallmarks.
Hi,Your slurred speech problem is caused by mycotoxins such as ochratoxin,vomitoxin,aflatoxin,K-2........in food you are consuming.Keep detailed record of everything you consume including liquids.

Thanks for the replies.
I have been diagnosed with Myastinia Gravis, I ended up spending a month in hospital after having a Myastinia Crisis where my breathing actuakky stopped,

MG is a very rare desease, and that is why it was not picked up earlier I guess. I hope that this post helps anybody else with similar symtoms

WOW! I'm very sorry to hear about your condition. I had googled to find 'slurred speech" and foods - that's how I found you. MG is a terrible autoimmune (from what I remember). Is it under control now? clearly breathing must be a good thing if you can do it on your own :)
I seem to slur speech and have other mental effects (not the good kind) from eating various foods and spices. I'm trying to narrow it down. Interesting about the mycotoxins comment too but not sure it applies to my situation. I cook and eat all at home.
Take care of yourself. Also be sure the Dx is correct but maybe the diagnosis is correct. I would look into the mycotoxins -- bad things can bit you from foods, molds, fungi, etc.
Wishing you the very best!!
julie