Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
involuntary foot movements, leg cramps, toe turning in
I have an extension on the rt side of L4 (like an upsidedown L)& a Pelvic tilt, xrays 4 yrs back showed that a fusion btwn that "arm" & sacrum was broken. At this time I herniated L3-L4 and L4-L5.  I had some epideral shots over the yrs with relief lasting about 4-8 wks.  I have constant pain in my right Buttock & activity makes it move into my leg.  I manage it with advil & Ice, I feel that I have it under control, however as time goes on my activity level that is tolerable is decreasing.  Since May, I have severe  rt leg/ankle/foot cramps (4-5 muscles at a time) for several hrs during the evening & nite. I have tried daily vitamins, Magnesium, & Calcium for 4-5 months w/o change.  I am now having involuntary foot & toe movements on the rt & twitching, which starts in the afternoon & continues through the nite.  Walking for any distance causes my right foot to turn in as I walk. I actual start to hit my lt inside heel with my rt toe.  A recent MRI showed that I now have a herniation at T11-T12, & L5-S1(w/partial sacralization), no signal at L1-L2, & I have just had a Mircodiscectomy for a fragment at L3-L4 for sudden extreme pain & loss of reflex, muscle strenght on the Lt side & loss of bladder control.  Would I benefit some some sort if stabilization being done?  Is my problem orthopedic or neuro? I have other small neuro items: twitching in left arm, funny bone sensations in left elbow & hand, sharp eye pain, & some choking) I also have a goiter, had carpal tunnel(surgery on both hands)and GERD. Are these related? Will my back just get worse?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Regarding you spine, I would recommend a comprehensive evaluation at a large academic spine center. In order to plan the proper therapy, your films and clinical examination would need to be reviewed. Unfortunately, without having this information I can not provide advice, because your case is complicated. You could see either an orthopaedic spine surgeon or a neurosurgeon, just make sure they are sub-specialized within spine. I can not place the other symptoms you are complaining of. However given your spine history I would recommend having a MRI of the cervical spine to exclude spinal disease there. In addition to being evaluated at a spine center, perhaps a consult with a neurologist would be reasonable. He/she would be able to ensure that your other symptoms are not neurologically mediated. Good luck
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A related discussion, Remedy for involuntary foot movement was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A related discussion, toe twitching was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now