Neurology Community
it cant be fibromyalgia or can it?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

it cant be fibromyalgia or can it?

hello, first of all just let me say thanks you for any help you can give me in advance. i was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia, however i dont have pain when the trigger points are touched. i do have widerspread pain pretty much all over. i started having numbness in my legs and arms, even when moving. i have been dropping things a lot, but only when im not consitrating on holding something. if im paying attention i dont have any muscle weakness. my eyes only are blurry when im reading, which is new because i dont wear glasses. i have always had headaces, and neck pain. im so lost if any of these things can be fibromyalgia, or something else. i did have the basic blood work done and everything can back normal. thanks for any help you can give me!!!!!!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
620923_tn?1405964489
Hi.....it can be, but what tests were done to rule other conditions out?.....U should have gone thru several MRI's of the brain, cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.....the dr should be checking for lupus, MS,lymes,chiari and other related conditions.....there r so many conditions with the same symptoms...fibro is only dx'd when all others r ruled out!!
We have a fibro forum here on med help...the health pages on the forum can offer u some info on what fibro is and isn't.

Were u to see a NL , ENT or NS....or possibly a rhuemitoid dr?

keep us posted on how u r doing.

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"
Blank
thanks for the help and no i havent been thru MRIs or any x rays. i was checked for throid, diabetes, RA, and all neg. but thats all the test that have been done.
Blank
620923_tn?1405964489
Well, from what I understand they must rule out some of the other conditions and u need to have 11 of the 18 tender points to b dx'd with fibro.
Ask ur dr, if he/she is unwilling to do further testing see a rhuemitoid dr or NL.

Xrays will not show what is needed....u will need MRI's.

Godspeed
"selma"
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979