Neurology Community
itchy hands redness burning pain dizziness episodes

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

For about a year I have been having episodes that start off with my hands feeling extremelly itchy.  Then I can feel my face getting red and it spreads through my neck, arms and in severe case my knees and legs.  The redness starts in my face and shoulders and elbows and spreads.  I get light headed and feel like I am on fire.  It is very painful as I truly feel like I am in a fire, my face and arms are the worst.  There is no common cause of onset that I can figure out.  1st time I was pregnant , eating cantelope and helping my nephew with a scrapbook project.  Today's episode was after I left a play at the local highschool and was driving my car.  Was initially told it was due to uterine contractions pushing blood through my body too fast...I had my child in September and have had 5 episodes since.  I am in good health and have no other problems at this time.  The whole episode lasts about 30 -40 minutes from start to finish.  I haven't been able to have the doctor see it happen because it seems to be sudden onset...I have noticed that my hand will itch like crazy right before I have an episode and this is consistent in all my episodes.  The redness is sometimes just face neck and arms and sometimes face, neck, arms, chest, back, legs...not really noticed it on my stomach area..friends and family say I look like I have been dropped in a pot of boiling water.  I am at a loss of what to do.  The burning is so painful I cry I feel so hot.  I am caucasion, 38 and female.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!  I hate this and these episodes scare my children and me.