jerking motions and sleep talking
Just recently my husband has begun carrying on hours of conversation in his sleep.It is as if I can only hear one side of a conversation. His body jerks and he moves his arms around as if he is working on things. He even smokes imaginary cigarettes, thumps ashes, and wires electrical components all while sleeping.He never sleep walks. He is also jerking during the day as well. His knee is always wiggling while he is sitting.
Its kind of funny but it worries me as well.  This can go on all night. He has abused rx drugs in the past and he may be doing it again, even though he denies it. He has been known to take what i would consider a lot of hydrocodone ( 7.5's every 4-6 hours) and does take xanax 10s several times each day. He also drinks 8-10 cups of coffee, 6-8 12 oz Mt Dews each day and smokes a pack a day. He is 48 and also has bouts of loud snoring even though he has a very slender build. I think this is all rx drug related. He will snore a lot after getting his meds filled but has never talked in his sleep like this until the past week. I am very worried and the kids are going to figure this all out soon. So is it drugs or is it a neuro problem like Parkinson's?
Your husband may be suffering from an altered sleep pattern and a Restless Leg syndrome . The sleep pattern may have been altered due to the drug abuse and caffeine .Please consult a  physician for a complete medical examination and treatment which mainly consists of antianxiety drugs and muscle relaxants . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !