Neurology Community
jerking motions and sleep talking
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

jerking motions and sleep talking

Just recently my husband has begun carrying on hours of conversation in his sleep.It is as if I can only hear one side of a conversation. His body jerks and he moves his arms around as if he is working on things. He even smokes imaginary cigarettes, thumps ashes, and wires electrical components all while sleeping.He never sleep walks. He is also jerking during the day as well. His knee is always wiggling while he is sitting.
Its kind of funny but it worries me as well.  This can go on all night. He has abused rx drugs in the past and he may be doing it again, even though he denies it. He has been known to take what i would consider a lot of hydrocodone ( 7.5's every 4-6 hours) and does take xanax 10s several times each day. He also drinks 8-10 cups of coffee, 6-8 12 oz Mt Dews each day and smokes a pack a day. He is 48 and also has bouts of loud snoring even though he has a very slender build. I think this is all rx drug related. He will snore a lot after getting his meds filled but has never talked in his sleep like this until the past week. I am very worried and the kids are going to figure this all out soon. So is it drugs or is it a neuro problem like Parkinson's?