Neurology Community
knot on my head?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

knot on my head?

about a month ago, i got hit in the head by a metal lightswitch cover, it left a good size knot on my forehead, but didn't completely knock me out.(mt 2-yr. old done it by accident) it did hurt really bad, but healed up rather quickly. there is still a little spot left.  But last week i noticed another knot had popped up on the same side of my head but above the temple area. it is not sore to the touch but is kinda giving me this weird headache and an electric feeling on and off. i do suffer from migraine headaches alot, but this is not the same kind of pain as that. i know that this was not there at the time of the injury, because i was feeling all around that area when it was bruised and it did not hurt there. i was wandering if anyone has ever heard of something like this happening. i'm getting concerned because it seems to be getting larger and more tender around the "new" knot.please give me some advice. thank you.
Tags: head, knot

Thanks for writing in.
This other knot also seems to be related to your injury. I would suggest you to take oral anti-inflammatory drugs and apply cold compresses to the head and see if there is improvement. Hopefully the swelling will resolve after a few days.
If it does not resolve and gets bigger please get yourself evaluated clinically. Take care!