Neurology Community
lack of oxygen to brain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

lack of oxygen to brain

i am a 48 yr old male,when i was 3 or 4 yrs of age i got locked in a fridge,when i was found i fell out of the firdge like a rag  doll .all my life i,v had behavioraland social disorder problems,,lack of oxygen?????

A CAT scan of your brain might reveal any damage, or a neurological and psych exam might also show if you are mentally challenged.  Many things can cause a person to have your behavioral and social disorder problems.  For example, I was in a bad car accident in my 20s, resulting in chronic pain in my back, and thus I've struggled with anxiety all my life because I'm continually confused and frustrated on account of being distracted by the pain.  One thing that helps me is regular and rigorous exercise, accompanied by deep breathing and relaxation techniques.  Other things that can cause your behavioral and social disorder is metabolic in nature, that is, exposure to heavy metals or poison sometime in your lifetime, or poor assimilation of nutrients caused by a variety of physical disorders, from digestive issues all the way up to a genetic lack of a particular enzyme or a blood disease.

You can get a complete workup by an internal medicine doctor, who can uncover several tentative diagnoses, and then perhaps point you in the right direction for possible treatment.  In the meantime, you should be on a good tranquilizer, with an increase in dose every five years, and if you are in any kind of physical discomfort, consider a nerve medicine of some type, also increased within the first year until you reach a plateau of comfort.  You also need to get some labs done, to include a urinalysis and blood drawn to look at your ordinary vitamin, mineral, and electrolyte levels, your blood sugar levels, endocrine numbers, signs of anemia, all sorts of things.

You can help yourself by healthy eating, any alcohol intake should be decreased to one glass of wine with dinner per day, drink lots of water daily, and do consider getting some Swedish massage therapy or acupuncture, both help relax a person.  Also, occupy your "right brain" more often by taking up a creative pursuit, like learning how to play guitar, or take some painting classes, or if you don't read a lot, then ask a librarian at the local library for books that might interest you in subjects like cars, dogs, travel, and so forth, anything fun like that.  And of course you could go to the mental health clinic and get to talking to a psychologist for a few weeks, see can they give you some good coping mechanisms and help unwind some knots in your thinking.  In other words, maximize your potential THE WAY YOU ARE and always keep moving forward.