laser therapy for Peripheral Neuropathy
recently there have been advertisements that claim high power laser treatment to "regenerate the nerves in the
legs to reduce pain and get sensation back.  They are promoted by a few chiropractic offices in Northern
California.  Has anybody heard of this or is it a scam?

This discussion is related to Fen/Phen and peripheral neuropathy.
High powered lasers (Class IV) can be very dangerous and ineffective.  Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) are used to reduce pain and accelerate healing.  You will often hear of these being used by professional athletes, Olympians and others who want a drug-free, effective, non-invasive safe solution without side-effects.  Take a look at www.MultiRadiance.com for more information, studies and applications.  LLLT may be an option for you.
Thanks so much for the info.  The treatment is for my wife who has suffered from peripheral neuopthy for about ten years.  She basically is taking neurotin (anti seizure med) for the pain in her legs.
To understand the effects of lasers, read the book "The Biology of Belief" by Dr. Bruce Lipton. Part of this is suggestion.

You are not recieving the latest pain treatments.

Chronic neuropathic pain is due to inflammation of glia cells. Obtain a copy of November 2009 of the "Scientific American" for a thorough discussion. Do a google search on glia cells and pain and treatments.

There are more appropriate medications, to include minocycline, a semi-synthetic third generation tetracycline.

I have received LLLT for my restless legs syndrome for 10 session( applying low level laser therapy on 10 spots and each spot for 10 minutes .
Result :

It did not cure me but it reduced my pain to some extend.