Neurology Expert Forum
leaky scalp

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

leaky scalp

my scalp is leaking fluid and my hair is falling out bad doctors dont believe me when i tell them    they just say it is sweat which i know it is not. also i have been getting a continuous pain in head which is spreading. they found a cist on my cinus and i do have a vessel malformation   just had a ct scan and they found a sinus disease on that   what is the fluid leaking
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

I am unable to tell you what the fluid is coming from your scalp. (Where is the fluid leaking from? Have you had recent head trauma or infection other than a sinus cyst? What color is the fluid?) It is good that you have had a CT scan performed. However, if you continue to have seepage, you should be evaluated by your primary doctor. He/she may need to refer you to the appropriate specialist. Also, given the history of the AVM, you may benefit from an MRI of the brain.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.
dear christopher,

i am writing u back to let u know that the fluid is coming out of scalp and the hair    the fluid is clear and is sticky    im constantly itching my scalp everywhere. sometimes i will get a burning sensation also i did get a mri and mra and ct scan    only infection showed was a sinus infection   is it possible maybe from when i did too many lice treatments and a scabies treatment     the cream   and left that on for 12 hrs before i washed it off.    i put the scabies treatment on my body for 7 days straight and a little on my scalp also    but only once on the scalp and left on for 12 hrs    i have asked other docks about this and they just say oh its sweat   which i know its not. i am having other problems also right now   i just went to a nurosurgon because of constant pain in the head and neck   and is spreading and my balace has been off for last few weeks and equalibrium and lots of pressure in head and neck and face  maybe this is caused from the sinus syst   i dont know but whatever is going on is getting worse   i feel like falling over all the time. cant hardly move   have been off work for past few weeks because of my condition.     can u give me some help please