left arm pain
I am a 50 year old phlebotomist and I have recently started having pain in my upper left arm and index finger.  The pain is most severe if I try to move my arm as if to take off a jacket or dry off my back.  The pain in my left index finger is most severe if I try to pick up something with just one hand or try to tear open a small packet.  I can raise my arms up without too much difficulty, but if I try to pull something towards me, the pain shoots through the whole upper arm.  It is also painful to write since I am left handed.  What could be causing this type of pain, and is it related to the arm pain?
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. Upper arm pain with pain in index finger and pain on pulling things towards you could be due to C6 radiculopathy. You need an EMG/NCV to diagnose this. Please discuss with a neurologist. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.