Aa
A
A
Close
left arm tremor
Hi. I'm a 30-year-old woman. My left arm/hand suddenly started shaking about a month ago. It would come and go with occasional pain in the left arm around the elbow. The tremor comes usually when I'm doing something -- like working on the computer.
My right arm is fine. I haven't had any serious disease before. I've had shaky hands before temporarily when I felt really hungry or had a lot of coffee, but nothing like this. I also have sweaty hands and feet but I've had it my entire life, so I assume it won't have anything to do with perspiration problems. I do iontophoresis treatments at home with Drionic.
I got MMR and tetanus shot on my left arm several days before the tremor began. Other than that, nothing really unusual... I got married 3 months ago. I'm not pregnant and haven't had weight loss or anything. I haven't been stressed a lot either recently since I quit my job. But I do tend to worry too much when things like this happen :(
I think I should go see a doctor about this if it persists, but before that, could anyone tell me what it could be?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1093617 tn?1279305602
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

Your tremors look like a post effect of vaccine shots but need doctor’s evaluation. Therefore, injury at site of injection may cause pinched nerve due to vaccine shot and may be a reason of tremor. Usually, other reason of tremors could be overactive thyroid, parkinsonism disease, alcohol use, certain medications, alkalosis, fatigue, stress, anxiety or a form of panic attack and low blood sugar. Therefore, it is quite essential to thoroughly assess the all possibilities here with the help of a doctor. Hope this helps.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thanks for the answer. I don't have health insurance now. Anyone knows how much I should expect to pay to get my arm checked for pinched nerve or other possibilities? Or if I get private insurance now, would it still cover (even partially) the existing condition? Thank you again.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I have this hand tremor. had an MRI of the brain and neck with no visible abnormalities. Well, actually, the neck MRI shows a bulging disc on the right side, the tremor is of the LEFT hand. The tremor goes away when I sleep... when it is just resting on my lap... and when I wakes up or when having pins and needles in my arm from sleeping on it, the tremor is completely gone. It is mostly apparent when I use it. If I am distracted by something else thinking intensely of, the tremor is gone. It is also suppressed if and when I have a couple of drinks. I had an EMG of my arm which shows that all nerve and muscles in my arm are okay. We had that done because I also have fragments of a bullet lodged in my upper left arm and we thought that could be the cause. A neurologist said no, because the EMG on my arm turned out okay. The EMG shows a course tremor with frequency of 10 Hz. Blood work also turned out ok.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Could it be early signs of Parkisons?  I have left arm and hand tremors also, mind is a violent shake of the hand for a few seconds than it's ok.  Before the hand tremors I had horrible balance for 2 1/2 years that would last for 3 months than the balance would go away for about 28 days than the balance problem would come back again for another 3 months, that cycle went on for 2 1/2 years now, I have the tremors in the left arm and hand not all the time but 4 times a week with the tremors all day long on and off.  I do not have the balance problem, I'm hoping it went away but I'm not sure if it will come back, this is the longest that I do not have the balance problem 54 days with no balance issues.  Now I developed this tremor.  My husband tells me that he saw my head shake a few times.  Take Care.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources