left frontal temporal lobe seizure
Can these seizures be "triggered?"   I'm the lady from earlier.... why does he have more behaviors at school??? This seclusion and what they may be doing to him during these episodes....   Can he be having more because opf enviornmental????    gracem
Hello.

First off, let me tell you that we are only hypothesizing that the behaviors are seizures. The behavior may actually be pure behaviors also.

The temporal lobe seizures are known to be triggered by emotional stimulation and stress. With this knowledge, I think the seclusion should stop. This is a crude method to use when we have evolved so much.

Regards
Thank You.... You are only One of MANY resources to confirm my opposition to the use of such behavioral restraint for an autistic child who has also these seizure issues!
I have read MANY articles had Educational Psychologist, Web Sites from the Psychiatric Association, The Wall Street Journal, My Doctor.....   The school still beleives they have a right to handle my child in this manner.... I have reconviened many IEP Meetings to eliminate this from his behavioral intervention Plan.....   Yet the New Substitute teacher (WHO USES This method LESS than the one who is on maternity Leave  and My child has had better behavior since returning from Holiday...less agressive...)  Says that it is still in the IEP and she is told that she must still use this method if he has outburst.....   I am afraid of what my son may be experiencing....  especially if he is coming out opf a seizure with all of this punitive action happening to him....   If he is frighted of the Hallway.... I can only assume the little room is equally frightening.   mom