Neurology Community
left side tingling

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

left side tingling

I've had tingling on the left side of my body  i ve had a mri on the brain, 2 ekgs, eeg, nerve testing, echocardiogram, tee, three sets of blood work and everything has been negative. I am on 1200 mg of neurotin a day and recently 30 mg of cymbalta.  The meds covers some of the tingling but doesnot get rid of it.  My doctors are stumped.  I also have fogginess sometimes and a can't remember anything hardly. it goes from the left side of my face to my left foot. Please comment.
i have the same thing...but i dont kno if its "tingling"...mine feels asleep/tingly/heavy...very strange
Hello.

Do you have some weakness also ? Since when are you having these symptoms ?

It is indeed difficult to comment anything since you have done almost every test. It will help if you could describe if the tingling is there all the time. It is specifically on the left side. We could think of some problem on the right side of the brain, or some problem at the lower part of the brain stem. But these are just assumptions.

Have you had an MRI of the cervical spine ?

Regards
i have fibrous dysplasia of the clivus on the right side...could this be causing these sensations?
I have had symtoms (symptoms) of tingling only on the left side.  In my face, left ear, left arm, leg and foot.  These symtoms (symptoms) started in Oct.  sometimes worse than others.  The Gabapentin started at 300 mg and has increased to 1200 mg then I was placed on Cybalta 30 mg.  The symtoms (symptoms) has decreased with all the meds I take but not left me.  Before the meds started to work the tingling was always present but with the meds I can feel it but not as strong.  It feels like when I first increase the meds it helps but within a week- 12 days my body get used to the meds and it is back. It has not been as bad as it was before the meds.  The nero doc has done eeg, ekg, mri of brain, nerve testing of arms and legs, tee, 2 sets blood work, ultrasound on neck. The doc told me I could consult another doctor but he couldnt find anything or tell me where to even start.  He also worked w/ a cardio doctor on my case.  I am 39 and always been in good health until this. I would appriciate any help or suggestions. Thank you for your time.   K. Thacker
Hello.

Gabapentin and Duloxetine are known to help in neuropathic pain. But this does not mean your pain is neuropathic.

Can you get the MRI of the brain and cervical spine reported again. It may not sound very logical, but I just get the feeling that some findings may have been missed. The imaging study that is left to do is probably a PET scan. It shows activities in the brain.

Do you have any other symptoms apart from the ones you have already described?

Wish I could be of more help.

Regards
I have had the mri of the brain but not the cervical spine.  I have question my doctor numerous times about the mri on the back but he was told me that my back couldnt be the reason for my face, arm and leg. Should I try another route than nero? If so what type of doctor should I see. Also, what does a PET stand for.
The only other symptons I have is forgetfulness (could this be my meds?)  and fatigue.  Before I was treated with any meds I was foggy headed.  Also, it seems to get worse at the beginning of my period.

Right before any of this started I had my doc call in a steroid pack because I thought I had gotten poisen oak/ ivy. I had to quit the pack right before I finished it because I had thought my tingling was side effects.  My doc told me it shouldn't be all one sided.
Thank you and God Bless.     K. Thacker
Hello.

I apologize for the delay.

The memory problems are not due to the medicines. Memory and other cognitive abilities are very much sensitive to changes in the nervous system functioning. A PET scan (Positron emission tomography) actually shows which areas of brain are not functioning well.

Regards
I am having a lot of this persons symptoms. I had an MRI about 3-4 months ago and it was normal (performed by my neurologist). About 2or 3 weeks after the MRI I began experiencing tingle/dull pain/a feeling that my left leg was about to "fall asleep". This feeling has now progressed all the way up my left side to my face.. I am not numb, but it feels close to that. I currently take 20mg of Lexapro and 7.5 mg of Buspar per day. I also take 150mg Zantac as needed for indigestion. I am perplexed by this. My family is telling me it is from anxiety. The feeling will come and go throughout the day. When I wake up in the morning my hand will feel like I slept on it. I also grind my teeth at night.. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this a nerve issue or stroke warning sign? I am 25 and in relatively good health. I smoke about 1/2 pack a day but other than that I am relatively healthy.
Hi all, your systoms sound so closely to my 13 year old daughter.  My daughter stated to suffer daily with severe headaches and dizziness at frist then passed out while skating in March of this year.  CT showed a lession.  MRI showed a brain lesion, and a Brain tunor.  In the summer she stated to have tingling in her hands, and feet and face on the left side.  Now she has all of that with muscle twitching/jerking in hand buttom, legs feet, face and eyes, all on her left side.  The lession is on her right side of the brain in the Paritial -Occipital lobe.  She is also on Gabapentin, at frist it sated to help , but it's happening all over again especailly at school. She gets very fatigue and has left side lef pain at times.    I think another MRI should be investigated.....
(35 year, male)To start I have suffered from migraines off and on for about 10 years now and about a year ½ ago I had a dull head ache that lasted about a month and during that time I started getting numbness on the left side of my body.  It is focused mostly in the left side of my face and my left arm but at time it does go down my leg and the left side of my torso.  Got scared and called the doctor, they sent me to the emergency room for a ct scan...perfectly fine.  Then I was sent to a neurologist and had 2 MRI's done on my head and my neck.  All clear...no tumor, no MS, no neck issue and they have no clue about what is causing it.  Neurologist did say he is seeing more and more of unexplained numbness  and that I should come back in a year or so.  I haven't gone back yet.  I do avg about 1 migraine every 2 months and take Teximet for it, which really does help.   Also taking Lexapro.  If anyone has the same symptoms and has found some solutions please let me know.
i have tingling in left arm down to finger tips  i have two heart attacks in the past  i have headaches all day everyday it makes me sick at my stomach
I have the same felling i do think its from a period or growing up dose your dauter have panic atacks or is she sickly think abote that for a minet um....if she is sickly yes it could be heart sickness or brain promblem. But if she is healthy there is nonthing to worrie abote
Did they check for vitamin/mineral deficiency or heavy metal toxicity? I know it's not typical to have just one side effected, but maybe it's possible.