Neurology Community
left sided headache
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

left sided headache

i am a 6 year old woman, experiencing a severe left sided headache for the past one week. The headache is like a pressure on my left temple and my neck causing a sprawling pain on my left shoulder and back. it is like a pressure on the head that i am carrying. the pressure increases during the day and i am surviving on pain killers. secondly my jawbone and jaws also ache as if some thing is pusshing them. i feel my whole left side is blocked. i don't understand what to do and where to go.

please help!
Related Discussions
  • Head and neck pain (1 replies):
    I have been having neck, shoulder, and pain in the back ...[more]
  • back of head (1 replies):
    i have realy bad head aches and its coming from the b...[more]
  • pain (1 replies):
    my sister is having pain in her shoulders, neckand brain...[more]
  • Headaches (2 replies):
    I do not have headaches often, but lately I have been ha...[more]
  • Neck&Head Pain (1 replies):
    Have had ongoing and constant headache for over 2 weeks ...[more]
Hi

Pain in the back and neck can have several causes like bad posture leading to loss of curvature, degenerative diseases, neck arthritis, cervical spondylosis, ankylosing spondylosis, spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis, etc.

Do you have any associated symptoms like visual disturbance, nausea, vomit or neurological disturbances? Also its important to know if you have any history of raised cholesterol, raised BP, diabetes, cervical spondylosis or any other medical problems?

I would advise that you should consult a neurologist with your past medical and neurological examination and tests like CT scan, MRI or lumbar puncture, as appropriate, would be able to diagnose your condition. The treatment will usually depend on the cause and on the symptoms.

Do write in if you need some other information.
Take care.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank