left temple pain
My name is rene and I am 35 yrs old. I have had lt sided tempel pain for now about a year. I was seen by a nero doct last year and had a mri but nothing was found wrong. I do get migaines so it was kinda put that it is just a bad migraine. Along with the lt side temp pain , i also get facial numbess on that same side and some neck pain. I have had eye exams and no problems have been told to me. I am at a loss , this pain can be unbearable. There has to be a reason for this. i need some help either with meds that work or something. Any suggestions on what i need to do now?? I mean this month along I have had this pain at least 3 times. Its scary.. Please give me your advise... rene todd
Does your neurologist specialize in migraines? Or is he just a genral neuro? I have what's called atypical trigeminal neuralgia. It causes sharp stabbing pains in my temples, and a constant migraine like pain in my head, and it also is all the branches in my face. Now mind you I have one of the worst cases my doctor has ever seen, and I have it on both sides of my face. People do get it in only one or two branches. I would ask him to at least look at your symptoms again and see if you have it. It is a very painful disorder and sometimes hard to diagnose. An MRI doesn't always show the cause of it. It it caused by a blood vessel laying on the nerve in the brain. Painful as it is, it is not life threatening. But is is said to be the most painful affliction known to man. I get pains in my eye, feels like a needle stabbing me. It's worth asking about, especially if he doesn't specialie in it. Let us know what you find out.

Take care!
Allie
I would like to know if anyone is familiar with the strange symptoms that I am experiencing; for about 1 year now, I have had this pain behind my left eye along with pain of the temple area that migrates down to the left side of my neck. I am now experiencing a small amount of head twitching, but not very often. I have went to an eye docter only to be told that my left eye does bulge out a little further than my right eye. I was tested for a thyroid disease,but was told that was not the problem. I am now scheduled for a brain scan, but was very curious to know if anyone else has ever experienced these strange syptoms?
Had a cold for 4 weeks, bad cough. Finally, appeared cleared up. Now have some slight pain in left eye socket and forehead. Could this be related to a cold infection or virsus..