Neurology Community
left temporal brain hamerrhage

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

left temporal brain hamerrhage

my mother 50 yrs old last night fall from bed n got left temporal (4-5) brain hamerrhage, now she is not able to speak.........pls suggest me the immidiate treatment for that and result of treatment and affect of this injury to her health........thanks in advance.
Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear what happened.  From what you have described, the symptoms may indeed be coming from the compression of the vital structures in the temporal lobe caused by the bleed.  There can be two main options for this.  One is that this may be observed, as hemorrhages may resolve with time, though this may take days to weeks.  While waiting for the hemorrhage to resolve, supportive care should be instituted like oxygen (if needed), proper feeding, and control of blood pressure.  The second is a more invasive approach and will entail brain surgery to remove the blood collection.  This carries a significant risk of morbidity and should be very well discussed with you and the doctors.  I suggest you discuss these options with her doctors.  

Hoping for her full and uneventful recovery.  Regards.