Neurology Community
left thigh numbness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

left thigh numbness

About 4 days ago I noticed my left thigh just above the knee and to the outside has a numb spot.  It is approximately 13 cm wide and 23 cm long.  It feels like it is off the big tendon and goes into the muscle.  It does not burn or cause pain on it directly.  I have noticed today though about 5 inches above it in mid thigh I get a small pain.  I went to the doctor and he had no idea.  His wide range of I don't know is could be a pinched nerve to MS or ALS, since there are hundreds of causes he said he has no idea.  I have no burning or itching sensation like others have said.  The couple of days previous I worked my back out at the gym and ran about 4 miles.  I did not feel anything out of the normal but my lower back has always bothered my for a long time.  I have freaked myself out I think since he was talking about MS or ALS but to me it sounds like a nerve after reading these posts.  Does anyone have any suggestions how to relieve the numbness?  Any suggestions of what it could be or to help numbness would be helpful.
Hi I also have a numbness and burning in my left thigh its gotten worse in a month or so feels like its a muscle burning and spreading out, my numbness feels to me like when you place a ice pack on your thigh then take it off you can still feel your fingernails and stuff but feels numbed. I am pregnant and 5 1/2 months along i also have a severe pain on my tailbone but dont know what the problem is or how to make it go away am going to try to have a DR check it out but dont have a clue as to what it would be.
Did you find out anything as you have described my symptoms exactly And I have had this for  at least 5 years but it has flared up today.